Thursday, August 29, 2013

ME Whitney Young Life           


 Hello, my name is Samuel Kajah and I am a sophmore at Whitney Young Magnet Highschool. There are various things people might not know or even consider me to be or do because of my appearance. The fact is that, looks don't determine what a person will be like, and most definitely don't define who that person is. Some  people may look lazy, but actually turn out to be the most athletic person in the class. It is similar with me. I may not look athletic or even academic, but I am completely dedicated to both lives.
             Academically, I consider myself to be one of the focused and attentive students in the class. I listen to what the teacher says and take note of the important sentences that might occur on an assignment or test. I usually participate if I am comfortable with the topic and understand what that topic is. If I'm lost on the topic, I'll ask for help or clarification just as someone who needs aid should. Asking for help is one of my specialties, and at this age it should be  normal to ask for help frequently, whether it be with an assignment or for directions. Like I mentioned before, I'm more of an attentive person who pays close attention to most things even though it might not seem that way. Then again, everyone has moments when they just aren't that into something.

            In my athletics, I try hard to be one of the best just like in my academics. Academics still hold a higher place than athletics to me however, but athletics are still important. I play soccer and am part of the soccer team here at Whitney Young. I've been playing for a few years on my grammar school's team and hope to continue playing throughout highschool. I also play volleyball to accompany my soccer. Though I am yet to play on the school team, I have played on my grammar school's team for a couple of years. This school year, I hope to join the volleyball team as well.

           In my perspective, I can be described as a person dedicated to academics as well as athletics. I like to be the best as I can be and offer as much as can. I'm sure there are others like me in this class.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment